- Published: 21 May 2018 21 May 2018
By Steve Paquin
If you hear the sound of carousel music playing in the Kenny neighborhood this summer, you might logically assume that the ice cream truck is on its way to deliver sweet treats to the local kids. If you follow the music to its source, however, you may be in for a pleasant surprise – although you won’t end up buying a Popsicle or push-up. Instead, you’ll find yourself peering inside the ten-foot trailer that houses a mechanical musical marvel called a band organ, which was painstakingly hand-built by Kenny resident Tom Logan a decade ago.
- Published: 17 May 2018 17 May 2018
Message to Ward 13 Residents from CM Linea Palmisano:
Thank you for reaching out about the 2040 Comprehensive Plan Draft. As you likely know, this is an important step in creating high-level guidance as to how growth in our city will be evaluated as new projects come forward. Our city is growing- and is projected to continue to grow- and this document should guide how the changes coming at us can be accommodated to help be a healthy, sustainable, and thriving place to live.
- Published: 16 May 2018 16 May 2018
The draft Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan has been released (minneapolis2040.com) and Ward 13 residents have many questions about the impact of the proposed plan as well as proposed zoning changes on the Built Form Map
Southwest High School Commons
- Published: 13 April 2018 13 April 2018
Saturday, June 2
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The annual Kenny/Armatage Garage Sales will be held on Saturday, June 2, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Our Neighborhood Garage Sale is a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck. Clear out your clutter and make a little cash! Again this year, we will partner with our friends in the Armatage Neighborhood to amp up the traffic to this event.
Your $10.00 registration fee includes:
- A general garage sale ad in the Star Tribune newspaper, website, social media and Craigslist notices.
- Your sale location will be marked on the map of sales and a packet of maps delivered to your home the day before the sale.
Register by mail:
- Fill out the registration form attached or send us a note with your name, address and sale description (may be edited).
- Include a check for $10 payable to the Kenny Neighborhood Association or KNA.
- Mail to: KNA- 5516 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55419
Questions regarding registration can be directed to the KNA by calling 612.392.4477.
- Published: 09 April 2018 09 April 2018
Wed., May 23
Southwest High School Commons
(use entrance at 47th & Beard)
The draft Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan has recently been released (www.minneapolis2040.com) and Ward 13 residents have many questions about the impact of the proposed plan. Ward 13 Council Member Linea Palmisano will host a public conversation on May 23 with a short presentation and plenty of time for Q & A. Joining her in this important discussion will be City of Minneapolis Long Range Planning Director Heather Worthington.